The Redmap Fisher Photo Competition is a celebration of the wonderful moments and memories collected by fishers in pursuit of their catch - from the catch itself, to the company shared and scenery experienced along the way. As we head toward summer and the weather warms up, our Fisher Photo Competition is a great opportunity to share fishing memories that will boost excitement for upcoming adventures on the water.
The Redmap Team invites fishers to submit their favourite photos to one, or all, of our three great categories, with generous prizes on offer. In each category prizes will be awarded to the winners of the People's Choice Award and Redmap's Choice Award – that’s a total of six prizes up for grabs!
Entries close Friday 14th October
Online voting period Monday 17th October – Sunday 30th October
Winners announced Monday 31st October
All the time and effort that goes into locating and landing your catch is ultimately met with sheer satisfaction - submit your best photo of a unique or prized catch.
2. Fishing and Family
There’s nothing quite like sharing the fun and enjoyment of fishing with family – submit your favourite family fishing photo.
3. Ahh the Serenity
It’s not always about landing the big one, fishing also takes us to some of the most scenic locations nature has to offer – submit your best photo that combines fishing and scenery.
Two great prizes are up for grabs in each category. These will be awarded to the winners of the People's Choice Award and Redmap's Choice Award.
People's Choice Award – $200 gift card at either Boating Camping Fishing OR Bunnings Warehouse (the choice is yours).
Redmap's Choice Award – A comprehensive field guide to the Tropical Marine Fishes of Australia.
People’s Choice Award
Voting for the People Choice Award will take place on Redmap Australia's Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/RedmapAustralia. Within each category, the photo with the highest number of ‘likes’ during the voting period will be deemed the People’s Choice Award winner. We encourage you to follow the competition on Redmap Australia’s Facebook page, and to like and share your favourite photos.
Redmaps’s Choice Award
Members of the Redmap Team will vote on their favourite photo in each category, with particular attention given to the creativity of the title and caption that accompanies each image.
How to enter
Email your entries to email@example.com by Friday 14th October
Attach your photo(s) to a single email and also include:
1) your name, and
2) a title and caption for your photograph(s)
You will be notified that we have received your submission and also informed of the competition’s results via return email to the address from which you submitted your entry. If you would prefer to be notified of your submission and competition results via alternative contact details (e.g., phone number), please include these with your email entry.
NB: Redmap Australia will NOT disclose your email address, or any other contact details you provide, during or after this competition.
Conditions of entry
1. Entrants can submit a maximum of two photographs to each category.
2. By entering your photo to this competition you give Redmap Australia permission to post your photograph, accompanied by your name, photo title and caption, to its Facebook page.
3. By entering your photo to this competition you give Redmap Australia permission to use your photograph for potential website and media content (with due credit acknowledged).
4. Redmap Australia reserves the right to edit the title or caption of your image to ensure it is suitable for public viewing (please keep it family friendly).
5. Redmap Australia reserves the right to refuse entries that are overly or unnecessarily gory in nature. While we wish to promote and celebrate photos of your catch, we ask that you only submit photos appropriate for a wide audience that depict animals being treated ethically.